Chapter Support Programs – Matching Funds Program
The Society will match $1 for each $1 raised by Woman’s Life members through fundraising on a project initiated and organized by the Woman’s Life chapter.
- Each fundraiser must be pre-approved by Home Office.
- The fundraiser must benefit a needy person(s) or a not-for-profit organization.
- Up to $500 per project will be matched, up to $5,000 per year per chapter for the total of all matching funds and volunteer service project grants.
- The chapter can do multiple projects for one recipient as well as select a number of different project recipients.
- Minimum of 5 chapter members must work on the project.
Thinking outside the box… Woman’s Life Chapter 807 Port Huron, Michigan members held an engaging fundraiser at their local Escape Room. Participants solved a mystery while raising $500 to be matched by Woman’s Life Insurance Society! The proceeds helped a young student attend a Leadership Conference. How can you use fun, interactive experiences to raise funds?
Do you love supporting your favorite charity? Did you know that Woman’s Life Chapters can utilize matching funds to double the impact of their giving? Take a note from Woman’s Club 615 Marion, Illinois! Members collected money to lay wreaths on Veteran graves for the holiday season. With matching funds from Woman’s Life Insurance Society, the chapter raised over $1,000 to support their cause! Consider joining a local chapter and discovering one of the many benefits of being a Woman’s Life member!
PS You're My Hero 5K Walk
Regaining confidence after a violent crime can be a long recovery for innocent victims. One member of Woman’s Life Chapter 807 Port Huron, Michigan knows first hand how difficult that can be and decided to help others going through similar situations. Member Mara champions the PS You’re My Hero 5k Walk in memory of her late husband, to raise funds for St. Clair County Victim’s Rights Unit. Now, her whole chapter has gotten involved and this year, members felt honored to participate by hosting a cash raffle. Together, this group raised $515, which was then nearly doubled by Matching Funds from Woman’s Life Insurance Society, for a total donation of $1015! We hope to see more great things from Chapter 807 in 2019!