Privacy of Children
This is the website of Woman’s Life Insurance Society. A fraternal benefit society.
Our postal address:
For each visitor to our website, our web server automatically recognizes no information regarding the domain or email address. Unless you are accessing a portion of this website through a user account, the only way that personal information can be collected about you through this website is information that you voluntarily provide via email response. Information that you provide by email may be retained by us. If you access a portion of this website through a user account, each time you log on to that account, we will retain your name and the date and time that you logged on to this website. If you are establishing a user account on the member web, we will ask you to provide your name, member number, date of birth, last four digits of your social security number and email address. Your email address will be retained to retrieve a forgotten password. We will never ask you to provide or confirm personal information through an email unless you have requested such an email or transaction from us. Never respond to an email that asks for personal or account information. We may capture additional information that you provide to fulfill your request.
Information that you provide by email, including your name and address, will be kept confidential. Personal information may be disclosed to affiliated and nonaffiliated third parties only as permitted by law such as to process your request to be contacted about a product or to provide policy maintenance or member service. We may disclose information to other financial institutions with which we have joint marketing agreements in order to provide a better range of benefits to our members. Woman’s Life does not sell customer lists.
We use non-identifying and aggregate information to improve the design of this website. This is done without our knowing your name or any other personal information. Your visit to this website is anonymous unless you choose to identify yourself through the email function.
Privacy of Children
You must be thirteen (13) years or older to access the Society’s website. If you are under thirteen years of age, you are not permitted to access the Society’s website for any reason. Due to the age restrictions for use of this website, no information obtained by this website falls within the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 and is not monitored as doing so.Back to Top
We do not:
- Disclose personal, non-public information about you to anyone, except as permitted or required by law.
- Share medical information or motor vehicle reports for marketing purposes.
- Sell customer lists or information.
- Restrict access to non-public personal information about you to employees who have a need for such information to provide products or service to you.
- Use physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with state and federal laws to protect all the private information we receive.
Information We Collect
We collect information about a person who applies for or obtains products or services from us, including information provided through forms, transactions and interactions with Woman’s Life. This information may include:
- Personal data such as that collected on our certificate application or other forms, such as name, address, email address, telephone number, date of birth, driver’s license number and social security number.
- Financial data, such as your income and assets.
- Health data and history, such as your health and medical information or information regarding your lifestyle and habits.
- Data about your relationship with Woman’s Life, such as products or services you have purchased, account balances, and payment data and history.
- Data received in connection with your interactions with Woman’s Life, such as when you visit our websites or when you correspond with our customer service teams.
Collecting this data permits us to serve your financial needs, provide effective customer service, offer relevant products and services, and comply with legal and regulatory requirements. The type of information we collect varies according to your membership status and the products, benefits or services you request. We collect personal information, including direct or indirect identifiers, from the following sources:
- From non-affiliated third parties with which you have dealt, such as other insurers.
- From other outside sources, such as consumer reporting agencies, motor vehicle reporting agencies, employers and health care providers.
- Directly from visitors to the Woman’s Life websites, such as information you provide through email, telephone correspondence, online forms, and site visitor data.
- Indirectly from visitors to the Woman’s Life websites, such as information relating to your use of our products and services, information about your transactions with us, our affiliates or others, or information relating to your use or interaction with our websites and forms (including IP addresses and location data).
Use of Information
We use and disclose personal information for business purposes related to the products and services we offer, with your consent or as required or permitted by law. These purposes include: assessing requests that are made for insurance and other services we offer; the administration of our products; and the processing of transactions and claims. In particular, we may use and disclose the information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To determine your eligibility for our products and services.
- To register and service your account.
- To promote and offer you a full range of products and services that may meet your needs or interests.
- To fulfill or meet the reason for which the information is provided. For example, if you provide us with personal information in order for us to prepare a quote or issue a certificate, we will use that information to underwrite, issue and maintain that certificate for you.
- To provide you with products or services that you request from us, and to communicate with you and provide information about those requests.
- To provide you with email updates, event registrations and other notices concerning our products or services, or to provide you with news that may be of interest to you.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collections.
- To improve our website and present its contents to you.
- For testing, research, analysis and product development.
- As necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our members or others, for example to verify your identity and to detect, prevent, or investigate fraud or security breaches.
- To respond to your inquiries or complaints.
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- To protect the security or integrity of our website and our business.
Woman’s Life makes disclosures to affiliated and non-affiliated third parties only as permitted by law. This primarily includes disclosures that are needed to underwrite, issue, or maintain your certificate, establish your membership account, provide benefits and services you request, process payments, transactions and verifications, administer claims, or for customer service. We may make disclosures to other financial institutions with which we have joint marketing agreements. We do that in order to provide a better range of benefits to our members. We provide information regarding your membership status to your local Woman’s Life chapter. Additionally, we may disclose personal data to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, for audit purposes, to detect and prevent security incidents, to determine technical functionality improvements. We may also use or share aggregated information for statistical research or analysis or to optimize user experience.
This privacy notice does not restrict our collection, use or disclosure of any aggregated information or information that does not identify, or cannot be reasonably linked to, any individual.
Third Party Sites
Complaints can be sent to us at the address included in the “Data Accuracy” section below, or via email at email@example.com. Some jurisdictions may also permit you to complain to a data protection authority.
How Long Data is Retained
When non-public personal information is no longer required, under our record retention procedures, it is destroyed in a secure manner. This includes information in hard copy or electronic media format.
Our goal is to keep the information you have on file with us accurate and up-to-date. Please contact our home office at the following address should there be an address change or other information that requires revision: Woman’s Life Insurance Society, 1338 Military Street, PO Box 5020, Port Huron, MI 48061-5020.
Please refer to our website: www.womanslife.org/legal/privacy-policy for further information and complete details including information relating to privacy notices required by law in specific states in which Woman’s Life conducts business.
Changes to Privacy Notice
(Effective date August 1, 2023)Back to Top