Benefits of Membership
Woman’s Life Insurance Society® offers members financial protection… and so much more.
Serving the needs of our members and the communities in which they live has been at the heart of everything we’ve done since 1892. Woman’s Life is a different kind of life insurance provider. But a better kind of different. We help members build secure financial futures through our life insurance and annuity products, and we give to local communities by supporting members’ meaningful volunteer activities.
Membership: What’s it all about?
- It’s about having fun: Woman’s Life brings women together in local chapters to have fun, build friendships, and engage in community outreach.
- It’s about helping others: Woman’s Life provides meaningful financial assistance to help women as they work together to make a positive difference in their communities.
- It’s about financial security: Woman’s Life offers informational resources along with life insurance and annuity products which we believe are the foundation for a solid financial plan, helping women face their financial futures with confidence.
- It’s about staying healthy: Woman’s Life encourages women to take an active role in their good health by providing information and fraternal benefits to help them live healthy, active lives.
It’s about a Woman’s Life.®
Fraternal Benefits Available to Social & Benefit Members
Woman’s Life Member Discounts1 provide an exclusive one-stop shop offering thousands of perks and discounts on things like movie tickets, travel, health and wellness resources, home services, and electronics. Discounts are available from both national and local merchants. It’s an exciting way to save!
Life Line Screening
Life Line Screening specializes in disease prevention and wellness screenings which can help identify some potentially life-threatening conditions with painless and non-invasive health screenings conducted in local communities across the U.S. Woman’s Life offers these screenings at a discounted fee to members aged 50 and older.
Accidental Death Fraternal Benefit
An accidental death benefit of $1,500 is available to eligible members. The member must be in good standing at the time of death. Death must occur prior to age 80 and result directly from accidental bodily injury, and independent of all other causes. Specific exclusions apply. Members who hold only extended term insurance or reduced paid up insurance are not eligible for this benefit.
Local Chapter Involvement
Members who are active in a Woman’s Life chapter in their community also enjoy access to our impressive list of chapter financial support programs. These include volunteer service project grants and generous matching funds designed to enable women to make an even greater impact on causes important to them.
Fraternal Benefits Available to Benefit Members
The following Good Health Benefits are available to benefit members of Woman’s Life in good standing at the time of application for the benefit. Expense must be incurred after date of membership. Members who hold only extended term insurance or reduced paid up insurance are not eligible for these benefits.
- Breast Cancer Screening Benefit: A benefit up to $50 will be paid annually (one benefit per 12 consecutive month period) for the out-of-pocket expenses incurred by an eligible member for X-ray and radiologist expenses in obtaining a mammogram in connection with breast cancer screening.
- Colon Screening Benefit: A benefit up to $50 will be paid annually (one benefit per 12 consecutive month period) for the out-of-pocket expenses incurred by an eligible member for surgical and pathology expense associated with the performance of a screening colonoscopy or screening flexible sigmoidoscopy.
- Annual Physical Good Health Benefit: A benefit up to $50 will be paid annually (one benefit per 12 consecutive month period) for the out-of-pocket expenses incurred by an eligible member associated with the performance of an annual physical examination or an annual breast and pelvic exam, including physician and pathology expenses associated with the performance of a pap smear.
Woman’s Leadership Development Grant
This grant program enables women to participate in leadership development programs in order to become more engaged and confident community and chapter leaders. Women who are benefit members and who are active in their local chapter are eligible to apply. Grant funds can be used for registration or tuition fees only. No member will be eligible to receive this grant more than once in a three-year period.
Woman’s Life awards four scholarships of $1,000 per year for up to four years for undergraduate degree study. Each scholarship applicant must be a junior or benefit member with life insurance coverage from Woman’s Life for at least two years prior to the May 1st application deadline.
Learn about benefit membership with the purchase of life insurance and annuities.
Learn about chapter involvement in Woman’s Life.
1 Woman’s Life Member Discount Program is administered by PerkSpot. All discounts with participating entities are negotiated by PerkSpot.
Eligibility for fraternal benefits is determined by the Board of Directors and fraternal benefits may be amended or discontinued by action of the Board of Directors.